Frequently Asked Questions

Are you insured? 
Yes. We are covered by £10 million public and products insurance. 

Do you hold any additional accreditations? 
Yes. We hold Contractors Health and Safety (CHAS) Assessment Scheme Accreditation. 

Do I need planning consent / felling license? 
Often yes, many trees are protected with preservation orders or fall within conservation areas. For volumes of timber over 5 cubic meters per calender quarter permission must be sought in writing from the Forestry Commission. There are also many by-laws protecting wildlife and habitat. We can take care of all relevant checks and applications. 

Can I get a free quote?

Yes. Please e-mail us at to arrange for a free quotation and advice. 

Do you dispose of prunings? 
All arisings are cleared from site unless otherwise requested. They can be returned to you as woodchip or mulch, logs or garden seating, in-fact anything the timber may lend itself toward. 

What are the standards for treework? 
All treework should be carried out in accordance with BS3998 [2010] Recommendations for treework. These standards have being recently reviewed to incorporate a more environmental approach, something we have been doing for years. 

What about health and safety? 
We aim to minimise all risk associated with our work, preliminary risk assessments are written to highlight any specific dangers to each site and controls are put in place to minimise the danger. All staff are trained and qualified in the tasks they undertake as well as being provided with the best available PPE [personal protective equipment]. All our tools, vehicles and equipment are subject to a rigorous maintenance schedule, as well as all staff being qualified firstaiders.

Contact Information


8 St Margarets, Great Gaddesden
Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP1 3BZ 


Follow us on -

Facebook - TREElife

Twitter - TREElifeUK